A Draft Survey is a method of measuring the weight of cargo loaded or unloaded from a ship by using the change in its draft before and after the operation.
In this course, you will learn the basics: what affects the accuracy of Draft Survey and how to improve it, and get a step-by-step methodology for performing calculations.
Additionally, the speaker covers Best Practices and Real-world examples of draft survey challenges and solutions.
- Understanding Draft Surveys
- Equipment and Tools in use
- Pre-Survey Preparation
- Conducting a Draft Survey
- Data Collection and Calculation
- Documentation and Reporting
After the course “Draft Survey” you will have a clear understanding of cargo calculation by this method and will know:
- Definition and purpose of draft surveys
- Regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Overview of essential equipment (draft gauges, hydrometers, etc.)
- Calibration and maintenance procedures of used tools
- Planning and scheduling the survey
- Safety considerations and precautions
- Step-by-step guide to performing a draft survey
- Common challenges and how to overcome them
- Recording draft readings accurately
- Calculating displacement and other key parameters
- Practical examples and exercises
- Importance of proper documentation
- Use of Draft survey report format and content
For whom this course:
- Second Officer – to get clear knowledge of how to carry out a draft survey and use it for interviews and promotion.
- Chief Officer – to learn tips, refresh knowledge, and get additional assurance of using the best practice.
The record is available for download.